About Care for Caregivers – Alzheimer Care Specialists
Robert E.P. Elmer III
In 1998, after a very successful career in Broadcast Management and Marketing, Bob entered The Senior Care Industry as a State Certified Administrator for one of the premier Assisted Living Communities in the country. After the construction of their first dedicated community for the care of those with Alzheimer’s dementia, Bob became a Master Trainer in the field of Alzheimer’s care. An accomplished Senior Care and Alzheimer’s Care specialist, Bob has been recognized by The Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) as a “Champion for Seniors” for 8 consecutive years (2006-2013). He was also inducted into the ALFA “Circle of Leadership” in 2012 and 2013.
- 1998-Became a State Certified Administrator of an 80,000 square foot, 75 suite, Independent and Assisted Living Community.
- 2000-Became the State Certified Administrator of the first of two dedicated communities for the care of those with Alzheimer’s dementia on the campus.
- 2001-Earned the designation as Master Trainer of Alzheimer’s Care from the Alzheimer’s Association.
- 2010-Became the State Certified Administrator for the second dedicated community for the care of those with Alzheimer’s dementia on the campus.
- Administrator of the Year nominee and named “Champion for Seniors” for 8 consecutive years (2006-2013) by The Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA).
- Member of The Rhode Island Assisted Living Association (RIALA) “Dementia Task Force.”
- Instructor of “Memory Care” for the State of Rhode Island, Administrative Certification Program.
- Lecturer at The University of Rhode Island College of Nursing.
- 2011-Named “Outstanding Alumni” of Dedham High School, Dedham, Massachusetts for his work with Alzheimer’s.
- 2013-Writer/Columnist of regularly published articles called “Join the Journey-Care for Caregivers.”
- Host of The Memory Care Minute on Stereo AM 1230 WBLQ and The Classical Station 95.9 WCRI
- Guest Co-host with Ann Cerullo of “Caregivers Coast to Coast” on The Talk Stream Radio Network.
Care for Caregivers would like to thank The Alzheimer’s Association for their contributions to this site and for the great work that they do. The information and services they provide Caregivers and those they’re caring for is invaluable. I would also like to thank all of those family and professional caregivers who find themselves in the trenches every day caring for these very special individuals. The love and care you provide this population is remarkable and they are blessed to have you in their lives.